Homeowners always think of the kitchen as being the centerpiece of a home. It is true that it is a great gathering place. It is where we break bread with family and friends; and it is a place where there is a lot of activity throughout the entire week. But of all the home improvement projects on a homeowner’s radar, none can be the source of greater pride when finished than the bathroom.
Although we just saw a smile or two, think about it for a minute. This is the room that you head to first thing every morning; it is a good possibility that you flick the bathroom light off as you head to bed each and every night.
In the typical home, there are different bathrooms with different purposes. From the master bath to the half bath each is unique and each has a slightly different function. Having a state of the art bathroom is not only fun to do in a remodeling project; it is a very cool when it is complete.
Here are some things to consider before you start:
1. When you go green you go smart: There is a good chance you will save money over time by the simple installation of water saving faucets, showerheads, and low flow commodes.
2. Before you start the project, have a detailed inspection done by a plumber to assess any leaks and/or hidden problems.
3 Do a rough sketch of what you want in changes including a larger tub or Jacuzzi to make sure you have enough room.
4. Additional storage space is a great consideration. The addition of shelving and cabinets might give you a premium amount of space and nicer aesthetics.
5. Decide what type of budget and timetable will fit within your lifestyle and stick to it. Looking at all the numbers honestly and realistically will eliminate any surprises once the renovation begins.
6. Look at a variety of sources when shopping for fixtures. Prices can vary store to store, so do some homework online and in the newspaper before you head out.
7. Remember that color can make the bathroom look spectacular, and a fresh coat of paint will always make a huge difference in first impressions.
8. Finally, find a reliable contractor who truly works for you and your family. A contractor with experience in both plumbing and remodeling is an excellent choice. Go online and check both history and background. Just be wary that some things you read online in recommendations might be written by the contractor. Find customers from various sources and check with the BBB or the local chamber and get personal referrals.
9. Keep organized by staying on track with deadlines.
10. Finally, look at the big picture. Remodeling is truly a number of smaller projects that all come together when compete.
Bathrooms are fun to do and can really change how you and your visitors view the entire home.
This bathroom remodeling information is brought to you by the team at Paradise Re-Found (Cary Remodeling). It is intended to be informative and in no way does it suggest anything beyond suggestions and advice.
For more information email:
Check out our website: http://caryremodeling.net/cary-remodeling-home
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/ParadiseReFound
LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CaryRemodeling
For more information, please visit: www.caryremodeling.net
President, Paradise Found Construction
Powered by Facebook Comments