When I posted on Facebook I completed my shopping, I was bombarded by jealous, stressed out and overwhelmed friends! With the days counting down many people are more frantic than ever. Here are some tips to make shopping more efficient:
- When your gift list is completed, is there one place the majority of gifts can be found?
- List stores in geographical order to make as few trips as possible. Group trips. Have a clear plan so you don’t make several trips to the store.
- Carry your list with you on all errands. Maybe you discover a gift you need.
- Record each purchase and price beneath the recipient’s name. Keep a running total of money spent to stay within your budget.
- Don’t forget re-gifting is also an option!
The internet saves time, money and resources. Most e-commerce warehouses use 1/16th of the energy used to operate retail stores. And even overnight air shipping uses 40% less fuel than the average car trip to the store.
If you are travelling for the holidays you can have gifts shipped directly to your destination. Not only do you save time by avoiding long lines and packed parking lots, but you can comparison shop and save money too!